5 Amazing And Different Types Of Fishing Reels That Will Make Your Mind Blow
Everyone remembers their first memory of fishing with their family, so do I. I remember the first fishing trip I had with my dad in a local lake and how we sat in his favorite spot to fish for the whole day. That day he taught me my first fishing lesson. It’s from him that I learned how to fish, how to choose my fishing rod or how to untangle a knot.
And with my experience and my father’s teaching, I learned about the different types of fishing reels. In this article, I’m going to tell you about the different types of fishing reels.
5 Best Fishing Reels You Would Definitely Find Interesting
1. Penn Battle II Fishing Reels
This metal bad boy is just handsome and it is rugged, durable and packed with features. The Penn Battle II fishing reel is born to last and engineered to withstand the salt water. The reel resists corrosion and is great for extensive use. The stainless steel, body side plates, and rotor maintain a full alignment which can withstand extreme pressure.
- The Penn Battle II has HT-100 drag system remains flexible and agile even carrying heavy loads thus you would get the power to hard pull a heavy fish.
- It has 5 stainless steel ball bearings and one anti-reverse ball bearing to smooth the fluid cranking.
- The anti-reverse ball bearing is made of stainless steel and offers to eliminate rotor back play to help you feel your fish as smooth as possible.
- The spool has a rubber gasket fitted around it which in turn prevents the super line from slipping. You can use Berkley and Spiderwire Super line with it.
2. Sougayilang Left/Right Interchangeable Collapsible Handle Spinning
This fishing reel is as beautiful as it is functional. You can use this reel in both saltwater and freshwater with 5.2:1 and 5.1:1gear ratio and it is easily adjustable. It has 12 stainless steel ball bearing and one anti-reverse ball bearing to make your fishing experience as smooth as possible.
- The collapsible handle made up of CNC machine-cut metal. The handle is also left-right interchangeable. The cast control is fully adjustable.
- The line winding is greatly thankful for the S-curve oscillation system.
- The spool is made of Aluminum with a fitted rubber gasket to prevent slipping.
- The Sougayilang Fishing reel has beautiful line lay oscillation system.
- The body is ultra-thin streamline designed body.
- This reel is suitable for every position like ocean boat fishing, ocean rock fishing, ocean beach facing, reservoir pond, stream, and lake.
- The 1000 size is a good side as you would feel every movement of the fish.
3. Pflueger President Spinning Reel
This reel is cheap yet useful for those people who just started fishing or any amateur fishing enthusiast. You will experience a smooth fishing while you would cast and retrieve the fish. The drag is smooth and easy to set. The handle is made up of aircraft grade aluminum which makes it extremely durable. Everything is real quality in build.
- The body and the rotor of this spinning reel are made up of graphite which makes it extremely lightweight.
- The smaller sized 4lb 110 yard is great in catching lightweight fishes like trout or panfish.
- The spool is braided ready as the braid can be tied directly to the spool. The spool is made of stainless steel.
- The drag pressure is consistent and is corrosion resistant.
4. Abu Garcia BMAX3 Max Low-Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel
The Abu Garcia BMAX3 Max low-profile Baitcast fishing reel is one value for money-spinning reel made out for maximum performance. The reel has some extreme cutting-edge features like it is sleek and equally lightweight with the beautiful and super stylish design. The Abu Garcia BMAX3 Max Low Profile Baitcast has four different ball bearings and one roller bearing for effortless operations and smooth retrieve.
- The bait cast fishing reel has beautifully engineered super strong aluminum spool with a cushy belt handle that makes the person comfortable during all-day fishing trip.
- The reel has power drag system provide the smooth drag to a big fish. The recessed reel foot helps to outlast your catch.
- The BMAX3 has exceptionally good ability to cast because of its equally good MagTrax brake system, which makes the break pressure to boost the cast’s range and accuracy.
- The Duragear brass gear makes the casting reel as durable as you can use it extensively.
5. Shimono Spinning Reel
This reel is very easy for
- The best thing about this reel is it really costs peanuts and any amateur fisherman can use it with finesse.
- Most of the users have reported it very durable as it lasts up to a year even after moderate to extensive use in extreme saltwater condition.
- The Shimono spinning reel is made up of graphite side plate rotor and spool. The spinning reel has Quick Fire II.
- The rear drag is extremely lightweight. The line capacity is 8/240, 10/200, and 12/160. The gear ratio is 4.1:1. The weight of the Shimono spinning wheel is 11.4 oz. The maximum drag weight is 15 lbs.
Fishing is a great time pass and some of the people consider it as a sport. And having the proper equipment is as important in fishing as in any sports. A fishing reel is one of the most vital parts of any fishing equipment as it helps to spin the fish out of the water. The list given above has some high-end reels and some reels which are good enough for an amateur.
So, hope you have enjoyed the list. As a fellow fisherman I would be obliged if you share your view in the comment box. If you like this article, please don’t forget to share it.
You Might Also Like:Reviews Of The Best Spincast Reel 2017 – Learn How To Be A Pro Angler