Little Known Ways Of Salt Water Fishing Lines
Are you looking for the salt water fishing lines? You may be overwhelmed with the variety of lines that you may get to choose from these days. No worries, we have got you covered and there is no need to get worked up whenever you think of fishing lines.
We have composed a comprehensive post that will not only provide you all the basic information, but will also help you maintain them for the long run. However, we concentrate on one kind, the salt water fishing lines for now. Have a look and read this post till the end to get a hang of things.
Buying Guide For Salt Water Fishing Lines.
If you are wondering, how to buy a fishing line for salt water fishes, then you must take a few things into consideration. These factors certainly make it an effortless task for you to choose the fishing lines of your dreams.
We have made a compilation of such aspects; feel free to give them a thought.
- Flexibility – As they say it, pound per square inch (psi) can be better explained as a softer or flexible line will give you more freedom to act while catching a fish.
- Stiffness - On the other hand, stiff lines are stronger and may need a larger diameter to work with.
- Density – Just remember that multiple lines have a lower density in comparison to the single ones. This affects sink rate, weight and not to forget the receptiveness while moving through air, water or even solid.
- Resistant – There is no point explaining that you need an abrasion resistant line because your line has to face a lot of chafing and rubbing under water. A quality line has to withstand a lot of this wear and tear, so you need to choose accordingly.
- Break point – A good line must not break easily and it must adhere to the rules of strength classes and weight of the fish measurement. This information is readily available at most fishing supplies store and even online that you must consult prior to buying a line. You may also take the pound test to ensure the strength of your line.
- Color – Again, you need to make a choice as monofilament lines are invisible and the fish cannot detect them too, but they may difficult to manage. Otherwise, low visibility is next in line (no pun intended) as they are good for mixed surroundings over the others.
Major Types Of The Fishing Lines For Saltwater.
There are three types of salt water fishing lines that you will come across at your tackle store. All of them have their own merits and demerits, but the bottom line is that their performance differs as per their price.
This is made from the single nylon thread, is water resistant, sturdy and is:
- Flexible and does not snap that easy
- Tie knots without problems
- Invisible underwater
- Works in most conditions
- Comes in an array of colors
- May need a thick line if you need more strength
- It actually absorbs water
Totally invisible under water, this is a major addition to the fishing lines in recent times. It is made from polyvinylidene fluoride or PVDF and is:
- Thin built makes it simple but effective
- Does not stretch like mono but is stronger
- Works good with baits and lures
- Is pretty expensive
- Sinks down faster which is why it may not be deemed for all situations
It is so called because it is made from blending several fibers of polyethylene together. Most people find it to be useful and prefer it over the others because:
- It does not absorb water at all
- The line is very thin but is strength
- Does not stretch
- It does not change the shape
- You can fit more line into the spool
- Does not go with tie knots kind of lines
- Is little pricey
Who Is This Ideal For?
As a matter of fact, this conversation is important for people who are on a tight budget, rookies or hobbyists. They can try their hands at these lines to start with and once they know how operate their gadget, they can move on to the next level.
Knowing the right process while pulling a big fish is an art and it demands experience. To get the best performances from your fishing line you must have the right knots and correctly tied up so that you can have the big fish and can avoid damaging your hand from the lines as well, that’s the reason adjusting the drag on your fishing line is so important.
How To Maintain Salt Water Fishing Lines?
The truth is modern reels are low maintenance marvels that do not need much of your time. Nonetheless, you must clean them to keep them healthy and working. You should not blast them with garden hose pipes just because they do not need much of maintenance.
Here are some of the effective ways that you can employ to keep your reel working and fine
- Wipe your reel with a soft cloth instead of using compressed air as that may also cause damage to the instrument
- Even before you start with this cleaning, ensure that you loosen the drag to make things easy
- In the end, use a light weight lubricant to keep your device safe for longer
Talking of salt water fishing lines brings us to one point of discussion that choosing a line is more about your convenience. That is right, you need to be comfortable with your line to work with it and you will reap results.
There is no perfect line and that is the truth, period. The fishing conditions, you level of expertise and location have a lot to contribute as mentioned above. Take care of these factors while choosing a line and you will be good to go.
You Might Also Like: Blog